Monday, March 9, 2015

Gotta Love a Good Scrub!

Cue the "Tropical Rainforest" music, close your eyes, and get ready to indulge in an oasis of soft skin. What was once lost is now found! I was so excited to find this at the bottom of a tote bag covered by an ADIDAS jacket. 



Now that I think back on it, I'm sure I stuffed it in there during a quick tidy up of the apartment when expecting company, but I have definitely got to do a better job of keeping track of these things! 

Years ago I tried a sugar scrub from Bath & Body Works. I think it was the Aromatherapy Orange Ginger Sugar Scrub. I was more than happy to pay $16 for an at home spa experience. And I have to tell you. . . I HATED IT! The scrub felt scratchy and abrasive and it left an oily residue on my skin after the shower. I felt like I needed another shower after the first! From that moment on I swore off Bath & Body Works scrubs.

Enter a Bath & Body Works gift card and a good ole fashioned sale! The saleswoman was incredibly nice and scooted by with a bottle of the body spray in the scent, Cool Amazon Rain, in her apron and sprayed it on a paper for me to smell. Whoa, buddy!

I feel that smells are so difficult to describe, so I'm not going to even bother. What I will say is that it convinced me to give the scrub a try. I was in search of a scrub and figured it was time to give Bath & Body Works another chance. $8 and a few weeks (after losing it) later, it was time to give this a try!

It was time for the full experience: scrub, shave, lather, rinse, and moisturize.

My skin felt INCREDIBLE! No greasy residue and I was able to achieve a nice close shave after scrubbing off all that sad, dull, winter skin. What a lovely way to begin getting ready for spring!


*The scrub is priced on the Bath & Body Works website at $14.50 so if you're interested in paying less, keep your eye out for a sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment