Friday, March 6, 2015

All About Those Brows

Eyebrows are really personal. There are so many different shapes and trends around eyebrows and it can be daunting trying to figure out what works best for you. My first "eyebrow treatment" was when I was about 16 by my friend Jessica. There we were in my living room, me laying on the couch, and her armed with a pair of tweezers ready to attack.

I remember being equally surprised by three things:

  • How much it hurt.
  • How much it didn't hurt.
  • How long it took.
Yes, it hurt, but not in the way I expected. It was like a gentle yet consistent pinching feeling.But it didn't hurt that bad. It also took about an hour! I would have to dig through the archives of photos at my parents' house to find pictures of me before I began shaping my eyebrows. But they are thick! I have picked up a few tips and tricks on how to get your optimal awesome eyebrows and I'm ready to share them with you!

Tools:


Tweezing & Shaping requires four tools:
  • tweezers 
  • eyebrow brush/ spooley
  • cuticle scissors
  • white eyeliner
Filling in your eyebrows can be achieved by using one, or a combination of, the following products:
  • Eyeshadow/ Eyebrow Powder
  • Eyebrow Pencil
  • Eyebrow Pomade or Cream
  • Angle Brush
Defining your eyebrows can be achieved by using:
  • Concealer
  • Angle, Straight, or Slightly Curved Brush
  • Eyebrow Gel or Clear Mascara
Now that you have your products ready, let's tackle some eyebrows!


Tweezing & Shaping : Part 1




Filling In : Part 2






Defining : Part 3

No comments:

Post a Comment