Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Is It Time to Say Goodbye?

I owe many of you an explanation. Some of you may have been wondering where I've been. Here's the truth: anywhere but here.

It's really that simple. I just haven't wanted to blog or film anything. At first it was really simple: I'm a teacher and the school year started.

Let's rewind to September 2016.

The beginning of the school year is always super busy and it's hard to manage being back in the swing of things at work and then also filming, editing, and uploading videos for my YouTube channel.

I had already filmed a three-part Back to School series that I hoped would get me through the first month of school. I would take two weeks off and then get back into the swing of things. That was the plan.

Then something happened that October that I haven't talked about on the internet AT ALL because it just didn't feel right. It wasn't my way of doing things and I didn't want to look like I was just trying to get attention or looking for sympathy.

My grandpa died.

It was heartbreaking and I didn't feel like doing much of anything creative for awhile after that. And here's the other part you don't know: The entire summer prior I had been working on starting my own business. 

So fast forward to now:

Over the past few months I have gotten back on track and have been working on my business. As cliche as it may sound, it's my dream, passion and what I've always wanted. It's also A LOT OF WORK.

This blog and my YouTube channel were about having fun, playing with makeup, and sharing some tips and tricks that I've learned over the years with all of you. That isn't going to change.

Instead, we're just moving the party over to eightyfive beauty, my business website. I'm still here to be your #beautybestie. I'm just going to be doing it while also providing you with some of the best beauty products from incredible brands. eightyfive beauty is a place where black women can feel seen, valued, and prioritized.

And that doesn't mean you have to be black to enjoy it!

In the next few weeks I'll be unlisting my YouTube videos and transferring the most helpful ones over to my website. I'll also be changing my Instagram handle, so follow me at @thebeautybuzzwithkee while that's still my name!

The shop on my website isn't open yet but while you wait, I've got three jobs for you:
  1. Go to www.eightyfivebeauty.com and sign up for my newsletter. 
  2. Follow me on Instagram @eightyfivebeauty
  3. Follow me on Facebook @eightyfivebeauty to get catch me on Facebook Live and chat with me about all of your favorite beauty products.

Thank you all so much for your love and support over the years. Just because this chapter is over does not mean I'm going away for good. Just moving. . .

Stay fabulous,
Keela



No comments:

Post a Comment