Monday, April 20, 2015

Longwear is Trending

It makes me laugh that one of my favorite things about makeup, the fact that you can wash it right off, completely contradicts the ultimate goal of every beauty item I purchase. I want it to LAST!

Lately every product I've been attracted to has similar claims:

  • Long wearing
  • 12 hour
  • 24 hour
  • Oil-free
  • Oil-control
  • 16 hour wear
Yes, yes, and yes! I'll take it all! Which brings me to some products I have been trying out lately. . .


Rimmel London Provocalips is something I sought out after reading a review on Into The Gloss and being genuinely interested in what this must feel like. I've tried tons of long wearing lip colors that require applying the color first until it dries down, then finishing with a gloss or balm. My biggest issue with those products is that after 2-5 hours the lip color begins to crack like paint and break down on your lips. Let me tell you, that is NOT a cute look!

Excited by the idea of a long wearing lip color that would not make my lips feel awful, I eagerly searched online for where to find Provocalips and jumped in the car to grab a couple at Walgreens. 

*Right now they are on sale at Ulta, Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off! (Priced at $6.69) Any time you can use a coupon, do it!*

So far I've only tried the pink one in 310 Little Minx. The first day I tried it the following happened: 
  • I took a nap for 2 hours
  • Drank several glasses of iced tea
  • Ate a bowl of fettuccine alredo
After 7 hours, it was still on! No cracks, no icky paint feeling, nothing! It wears really comfortably!
I think 16 hours is a huge claim and I do not agree that it wears that long. However, this stuff is a dream! 


The other long wearing product I want to talk about is the L'Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte 24 Hour Foundation. Phew! That is a LOOOOOONNNNGGG name! I have heard so much about this foundation and finally I decided to give it a go.

. . .but that review you'll have to wait for. Check back on Thursday on my YouTube channel to see my review!

What long wearing products are you LOVING? Tweet me @buzzwithkee or share with me on Instagram @thebeautybuzzwithkee.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment