Saturday, August 27, 2016

Back-to-School Glam

Back. To. School. 

Depending on what roles you play in life, those three words strung together can either bring memories of childhood fun or anxiety of what's to come! If you're a parent, you may be excited to finally have routine back in your home. The kids aren't asking you what they can eat every 10 minutes. You don't have to come up with a ridiculous list of activities to keep them occupied, or camp/babysitter/visits to family to keep them cared for while you're working. If you're a teacher, like me, the commercials started far too early ("Hey. . . I JUST got into this summer thing! Shhhh!) and back-to-school marks the end of your leisure time. But then this wild thing happens and "teacher mode" kicks back in. You get excited to shop for you new classroom, eager to label ALL THE THINGS, and nervous about putting on real clothes again. *One of my absolute favorite things about summer is that "inappropriately" short shorts, tank tops, any other clothing that shows I'm a lady with lady parts become acceptable wear again. . .whenever I want. You have NO idea how difficult it is to dress oneself when thinking about being appropriate around 9-year olds when standing, sitting in a chair, sitting "criss-cross applesauce", out on recess duty with the "Warm Wind" blowing, and the thousands of other ways you haven't yet thought of that can lead to a wardrobe malfunction you aren't prepared to explain to the principal and students' parents. Yikes!*

With all of that going on, I feel a little overwhelmed, excited and slightly out of control. My only way of finding order and balance in that situation is to fall into makeup. Obviously! Back-to-school means one precious thing that will get me through: Back-to-School SHOPPING!



Yes, I picked up a few new outfits but that's not what we're here to talk about. Back-to-school means that we all get to decide the answer to my favorite question come late August, "Who do I want to be this year?"



It hits my intrinsic motivation to put makeup on every time I sit in front of my vanity. *Have you seen that thing? It is my happy place. I'll insert a picture and video link for you.*



My favorite thing about makeup is that you get to decide how you want to present yourself to the world and it can be different every single day, if you want! The beauty of that never ceases to astound me!


So, let's talk Back-to-School videos! I have prepared three new looks for you that will be coming out over the next week. Allow them to serve as inspiration as you work out who you want to be this year. The beginning of the school year is a fresh start. Maybe you've always thought yourself more glamorous than you typically portray. Own it and rock it this year! Maybe you are interested in softening up your look and sharing a more inviting aspect of your personality. Let's do it! Perhaps you want to be that mysterious being that everyone spends a month saying, "What did she do this summer? Something's different about her and I just can't put my finger on it. But man, she's fabulous!" I've got your back!

Today we're starting with GLAM! What are your favorite back-to-school memories or essentials? Comment below and let's chat!



Makeup:

Maybelline Fit Me! Matte & Poreless foundation
Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer
Maybelline Color Tattoo Leather in Chocolate Suede
ColourPop Super Shock Shadow in Drift
ColourPop Super Shock Shadow in Game Face
Rimmel London Magnif'eyes Kohl in Back to Blacks
L'Oreal Infallible Laquer Liner in Blackest Black
Cinema Secrets Ultralucent Setting Powder in Soft Custard
Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops in Candle Light
e.l.f. Cosmetics Blush Palette in Dark
Jouer Long-Wear Lip Creme Liquid Lipstick in Fraise Bonbon



No comments:

Post a Comment