Tuesday, June 23, 2015

LORAC Alter Ego Eyeshadow Palette

I have clearly been on an eyeshadow fix lately! Each color that I encounter is just so beautiful! And what kind of beauty blogger would I be if I didn't share it all with you? A terrible one, that's what.


This palette caught my eye a few weeks back and I was still in a haze of nude palettes to fully appreciate the beauty that is the Alter Ego Heartbreaker palette by Lorac. However, the other day I finally swatched this at Ulta and fell in love! If you count the colors from left to right, I bought this palette for colors 3, 4, 5, 7, and 8. Number 8 looked like shimmering melted chocolate on my skin and I just had to get my hands on it!


This is an Ulta exclusive palette that contains 10 shades total. It retails for $24 and the colors are rich and luscious. They are smooth to the touch and blend like a dream! One of the things that fascinates me about makeup is how colors translate on different skin. This palette is GORGEOUS on darker skin! One of the things you must keep in mind if you have darker skin is that color will pop against your skin, so you can be bold with your makeup choices. 




The size is considerably smaller than the L'Oreal Paris La Palette Nude 2 which makes it easier to pop in your makeup bag for vacation.



I wanted to try this palette several different ways before writing a post about it and so far my only complaint, which isn't even really a complaint, is that there is fall-down. This means that there will be a little dusting of eyeshadow under your eyes on your cheeks after using this palette. There are some really easy solutions to this. Pick one that works for you:


  • Use a tissue or paper towel to hold right under your eye as you're blending so that it can catch the color.
  • Do your eyeshadow prior to your face makeup and use eye makeup remover to swipe away the fall-down.
  • Add a dusting of loose face powder under your eyes prior to doing your eyeshadow. Then when complete, you can swipe the face powder and eyeshadow fall-down away with a brush.



The palette includes a full mirror and has two shadows at the bottom that at first, I overlooked. The one on the left is nice to use to help blend out the edges of the more intense colors. The rest of the eyeshadows are shimmery, which I was a little worried about at first. What I found works really well is to use a couple of matte colors with this palette to help blend out the edges and define the crease.


Using the purple on the lid with light pink in the inner corner

Summer is the perfect time to add a little shimmer and sparkle into the mix and this palette delivers! I'm planning on doing a makeup tutorial using this palette, so let me know what kind of look you would like and I'll make it happen.

Using the dark brown on the lid with the blue under the lower lash and light blue in the inner corner

Share your Instagram photos with me @thebeautybuzzwithkee and tweet me any of your questions @buzzwithkee.


No comments:

Post a Comment