Monday, June 8, 2015

REVIEW: L'Oreal Paris La Palette Nude 2


Many drugstore beauty brands have gotten on the "Nude Palette" bandwagon and I have been keeping my eye on most of them. Thankfully, tons of YouTubers have been reviewing them, which has made the process of eliminations a lot easier! I used to work for L'Oreal Paris, so I'm familiar with the quality of their products. Overall, they have an incredible track record for putting out quality products at a fair price point. Not every product will work for every person, so it's important to keep that in mind.

I've had my eye on the La Palette Nude eyeshadow palettes for weeks now. I watched several videos and read various blog posts on these palettes and the most confusing part is how mixed the reviews are. It seems that the pigmentation differs between the shimmery and matte shades as well as between the La Palette Nude 1 and La Palette Nude 2. After a lot of debate, I decided to pick the La Palette Nude 2. I love that it had more plum and purple tones that would work best with my skintone. There's no need to wonder what my opinion is on this palette: my review is a rave! I LOVE THIS PALETTE!

One of the things I struggled with was the price. I've seen this palette priced anywhere from $15.00-$20.00. That's a significant amount of money to drop on one drugstore item, so let's break it down:



You get 10 eyeshadows in this palette. Four shimmery shades and six matte shades are included. The shimmery shades are more of a satin shimmer rather than glittery. The palette has a mirror included and a double-ended brush. (I tend to toss the applicators that come with drugstore palettes, so I can't speak about the quality of the brush.) The shadows have numbers instead of names, which I don't like. I just personally prefer when products have names because I find it easier to remember which is which when talking about them.




Number 7 is my favorite color to wear all over the eyelid and can be easily paired with a variety of other shadows to create a light and fresh makeup look such as this one:



Most of the shadows are buttery and smooth. They blend really nicely and are fairly pigmented. One of my favorite drugstore eyeshadow ranges is the L'Oreal Paris Infallible eyeshadows. The ones in the La Palette Nude 2 are pretty comparable, just barely falling short of meeting their pigmentation and only because they are pressed shadows. The only shadow I'm underwhelmed by is Number 5. It doesn't swatch very well and similarly does not show up too well on the eye.

Here's a very important point:

I ALWAYS use some type of eyeshadow primer under my powder eyeshadows. As you've seen in my videos, I typically use the MAC Paint Pot in Groundwork and it's the most important step in making sure my eyeshadow has a chance of lasting more than an hour on my oily eyelids. Eyeshadows will ALWAYS appear more pigmented if you use some type of primer underneath. I did not use a primer underneath the swatches on my arm, but absolutely did when putting them on my eyes. If you're finding that you are not getting the color pay off you're looking for with your eyeshadows, try some type of primer.



Final thoughts:

La Palette Nude 2 is a beautiful palette that can be used to create fresh daytime looks and smokey dramatic looks for night. Even at it's highest price point of $20.00 it breaks down to $2.00 per eyeshadow, which is quite affordable. *Check your newspaper for coupons!* I highly recommend you get your hands on this palette and start playing! 

Make sure you share your Instagram photos with me @thebeautybuzzwithkee! Check back on my YouTube channel on Thursday for my makeup tutorial featuring this palette!

No comments:

Post a Comment