Monday, October 5, 2015

When Your Favorite is Gone

Another day of reading the inner thoughts of a makeup artist who should know better yet continues to make mistakes. Hey. . . I'm human!  :)

I have used the same moisturizer for about the last ten years and it is perfection. It's light, and works year round on my oily/combination skin. It's the L'Oreal Paris Active Daily Moisture Lotion and it is my EVERYTHING! I ran out about a week or two ago and have been using samples of Philosophy Hope in a Jar. It's pretty nice, but it is heavier than my oily skin needs. Additionally, it's $44.00, a huge price difference from my $7.99 (or cheaper) love.

I've stopped at WalMart, my go-to shopping destination, for this moisturizer twice and it hasn't been there. When I didn't see it at Target this weekend I got worried. I thought maybe it was discontinued and also had no desire to hunt for it from store to store that day. Regardless, the truth remained: I needed moisturizer. Badly! So I settled on a Olay moisturizer I used to use years ago.

This morning I put it on over my freshly washed face and saw my golden complexion masked in what looked like straight up sunscreen! It was terrible! There was a ghostly look to my skin and it barely sank into my skin. It was so awful that I re-washed my face to get it off. Luckily, I had a little bit of the Hope in a Jar left to use.

*In other news: I tried a new mascara from L'Oreal Paris and my lashes have stayed long and curled ALL. DAY. LONG!

More on that later. . . *




After work today, I got a new moisturizer at CVS (still couldn't find my Active Daily Moisture Lotion!) from Neutrogena and just tested it out on my face. Welcome back, happy moisturized skin.

Welcome back.

No comments:

Post a Comment