Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Things I'm Loving Lately: Michael Minelli, DIY & Clinique

Michael Minelli:


Are you asking yourself, "Who is Michael Minelli?" I did upon first hearing about him and after about 30 seconds of listening to him sing, I was asking myself, "How have I not heard of Michael Minelli?!?!"
Click here for a sneak peek

As a Connecticut native myself, I have big pride and support for anyone following their passion from CT. Michael is one of those people. He has an incredibly beautiful gift that is his voice and he's sharing it with the world. From everything I have seen and heard, he seems so humble and his talent is undeniable. It's clear that following your passion is something he tries to live every day and today is the day that he takes a big leap in the direction of his passion.



Today his new single All or Nothing comes out! It is his first official release on iTunes, Spotify, Pandora, and Tidal! I believe the big release happens 1:00 pm EST so make sure you jump on it and download ASAP! I promise you this much. . .once you hear him sing, you'll know what the hype is all about. While you're waiting, you can check out some of the covers he's done here:

Jason Derulo Want You to Want Me - Cover



 Rihanna feat. Mikki Ekko Stay - Cover

*Make sure you follow him on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.


DIY:


Sometimes you need to break out the toolbox, turn on the air conditioning (it gets hot assembling things indoors!), put on a movie, grab a coffee, and build something! Wow. . . I never realized how many steps I take to prepare for DIY projects until I just typed them all out.


I found that I had to clean my bathroom about every two days because I would do my makeup and rush out of the house every morning. When I got home I would return to a bathroom counter of chaos! I've always drooled over vanities you see in movies, pictures, and other YouTubers videos and it was finally time to get my own. Do you ever stop and realize that you could easily solve your own problem? That's exactly what happened! So off to Target I went!

I returned with a two-drawer desk that would fit perfectly in front of my window, put on The Devil Wears Prada, and got to work. By the end of the movie I had this little baby:


I'm still working out the set up of my makeup and additional storage elements, but otherwise I'm in love! I was so excited to sit down and do my makeup in front of my brand new vanity for the first time. What was I waiting for?



Clinique:


I saw the new Clinique Pop Lip Color + Primer  lipsticks in so many YouTube videos I had to get my hands on them and see what all the hype was all about. They couldn't be that good, right?



WRONG!

They're better than that good! I ordered mine from Sephora and two days later a pretty little box was at my doorstep waiting for me to break into it and swatch the evening away. How did I know it was good?

1. I wore it to my nephew's baseball game and my niece spent part of the game going through my purse and commenting on how pretty my lipstick was, both on my lips and in the case.



2. Fast forward to three hours later running errands and catching a glimpse of myself in the mirror when I noticed that my lipstick looked incredible! This was after about 5 hours of wear at this point with no lipliner.





3. When I finally decided to take it off, there was a beautiful cherry stain left on my lips. Yes, please!




This lipstick has the perfect amount of sheen, huge color pay off, and comfortable wearability. I swipe it on straight from the tube and then use a lip brush to perfect the lip line. Pop it on at 7:00 am and it will still be in place, and comfortable, by 7:00 pm.

Love, love, love!

Keep your eyes on my Instagram @thebeautybuzzwithkee and Twitter @buzzwithkee so that you don't miss any of the pics and updates on all of these highlights of what I am loving and I'll see you in the next video or post!

What are you loving lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment