Thursday, April 16, 2015

DIY Prom Makeup

Prom was a really great time. One of my favorite things was the preparation leading up to the prom. It's the closest thing to planning a wedding that you will do in your life prior to graduating high school. I remember for months leading up to it my mom and I would go out every weekend looking for the dress, shoes, and jewelry. We would look at different hairstyles and I would pore over magazines and Kevyn Aucoin makeup books testing out different makeup looks for The Big Day.

What great fun!

The one thing I was absolutely certain of was that I would do my own makeup. I still think when/if I get married I will probably do my own makeup then, as well. There's just something about trusting your own artistry and knowing what the end result will be that really appeals to me.

If you're looking to do your own prom makeup, I have created a look that gives you not one, but TWO different options. Here's a peek at what colors I'll be working with:


Makeup in this video:

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer
NYX HD Concealer in CW08 Nutmeg
MAC Paint Pot in Groundwork
MAC Eyeshadows in Moon's Reflection, Nile, Deep Truth, Beautiful Iris, Stars 'n Rockets, Naked Lunch
MAC Pigment in Grape
L'Oreal Paris Brow Stylist Sculptor in Brunette
L'Oreal Paris Infallible The Super Slim liquid liner in Black
Maybelline New York The Falsies mascara in Black Drama
Maybelline New York Fit Me! Matte & Poreless Foundation in 355 Coconut
MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW35
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Caramel and Amande
MAC Blot Powder
MAC Blushes in Pinch Me and Desert Rose
MAC Mineralize Sheer Sheen Powder/Loose in Lucent




Sephora Nano Lip Pencil in 15 Royal Rose
Estee Lauder Pure Color Crystal Lipstick in 306 Crystal Rose
Revlon Ultra HD Lip Lacquer in Rose Quartz
MAC Lipglass in Please Me


Tools:

MAC 239 Brush
MAC 217 Brush
MAC 224 Brush
MAC 129 Brush
MAC 231 Brush
Real Techniques Expert Face Brush
Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush
MAC 129 Brush
Sephora Lash Curler


Grab your makeup and let's get started!



Take a selfie and let me know how your makeup turns out! I can also give you tips along the way as you're practicing leading up to the big day via Twitter @buzzwithkee, Instagram @thebeautybuzzwithkee, or Facebook TheBeautyBuzzWithKee

No comments:

Post a Comment