Monday, March 16, 2015

Macarons in Washington DC

If you have been reading my blog you know that I am anti-trendy. That doesn't mean that I ignore all trends. Macarons have become quite trendy here in the US and perhaps the most amazing thing about them, at least to me, is how beautiful they are!



After a full day of shopping with a friend, we decided it was time for a little treat. We stopped into Olivia Macaron to explore and see what they had to offer. When you walk in you are greeted with a full wall of blown up macarons to admire. The shop is beautiful.

How about this for your kitchen backsplash?




Prior to entering the shop we were curious about the pricing. It appears that their website is under construction, which was a little frustrating because until we entered the shop and got a little further in line, the price was a mystery. When we got closer we were able to see the menu. Each macaron is $2.20, which I found reasonable for an expensive sweet treat. I chose to get two, the Salted Caramel and Coconut. Both were really good, but the Coconut was definitely my favorite. They're just so small!


I'm not one for splurging on tiny food, so this was a "one off."

Final verdict: worth trying, but not worth adding into my "Must Have" list.

No comments:

Post a Comment