Monday, February 16, 2015

Anti-trendy?!?!

My whole life I have been stubborn in a very specific way. I never had a term for it and I'm still not sure the title of this blog post fits best, but I guess you could say I am "Anti-trendy".

What does that mean?

A bit of a headache for some of you. . .

Really, what it means is that while I can appreciate a trend, I tend to veer off in the opposite direction. If everyone is going left, I'll go right.

My first memory of this is 6th grade. We had to choose between Spanish and French for which language we were going to take. It seemed like EVERYONE was choosing Spanish. So, naturally, I chose French!

*French is so hard! And even harder when few/none of your friends are taking it, so you have no one to study with.

This has continued throughout the years. I don't have an iPhone because EVERYONE has one. Back in college I was one of the last one of my friends to get onto Facebook because EVERYONE was on it.

But this is where it gets confusing. . . I'm not completely anti-trendy.

Scandal? I'm there! A love for all things Nutella? Yes, please!

But I was definitely "late to the party" on quite a few things simply because EVERYONE was so crazy about it. Yes, I'm on Instagram. . . now. Yes, I watch Game of Thrones. . .now.

One thing I know for sure is that I like being "anti-trendy". First of all, it saves time and money! There is always going to be a hot new thing out there on the market to buy and my money will be safely stowed away in my pocket. *Unless I'm buying makeup.  But even then, I don't always need what everyone else has.

So, if you watch a YouTube video or read a beauty blog that is hyping up whatever new thing is out there. . . .you probably won't see it here. Or maybe you will.

I guess you'll just have to keep watching my videos and reading this blog to find out.   ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment