Monday, January 26, 2015

Food is Beauty #1

Food is the fuel of our bodies. . .and man, is it beautiful!

There are so many hashtags and Instagram posts about what people eat and I find it really inspirational.

At times though, it just makes me hungry! So. . . I'm going to warn you ahead of time:

This post is all about food!

Baked Macaroni & Cheese. . . yum!
Sweet Italian Sausage, Ricotta & Sundried Tomato Frittata
Teriyaki Salmon with Roasted Brussel Sprouts
I primarily will blog about beauty products, but there are times that I will also blog about other beauties in the world, whether it be nature, fashion, adventures, or yummy food.





I made a little cooking video for you the other day on what I am currently referring to as, "The Best Saturday in a Long Time" and I hope you enjoy it.

Pasta dinner with "semi-homemade" sauce


Here is the ingredient list for my Pasta Sauce (semi-homemade) and Quick Garlic Bread.

Pasta Sauce:

  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 medium size onion- chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic- chopped
  • sea salt (to taste)
  • black pepper (to taste)
  • crushed red pepper flake (to taste)
  • Trader Joe's 21 Seasoning Salute (to taste)
  • Italian Seasoning (to taste)
  • ***Seasoning is "to taste" because everyone has their own preferences and I don't measure it***
  • 1 lb ground turkey
  • 2 jars of sauce (whatever you like) I'm using a combination of Trader Joe's Traditional Marinara and Francesco Rinaldi Tomato, Garlic & Onion
Pasta:

I used Ronzoni Garden Delight Fettucine but you can use whatever pasta you like.  :)

Garlic Bread
  • 1/2 small loaf of French bread *Target's Market Pantry French Bread is really good!
  • 1 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter
  • dash of salt
  • 1 clove minced garlic
  • dash of Italian Seasoning

Let me know if you want videos or recipes for any of the other photos I posted. Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment