Monday, July 13, 2015

Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm



Skincare. . . let's talk about it. One of the things that continues to fascinate me is that people tend to think of makeup as being in one box and skincare in a separate box, believing that there is absolutely no connection between the two. But here's the thing: those people are wrong! There's no way around it: skincare and makeup go together like peanut butter and jelly. 

You can change a lot of things with makeup, which is one of the reasons I love it. Makeup allows you to transform yourself into whatever you want. Here's what it can't do: change texture. What is the texture of your skin? It is the way your skin feels. Think about when you were a little kid and read those books that had the holes with the fabric through them so you could feel the different fur on the animals in the books.

The texture of your skin means everything when it comes to how smoothly your makeup will or will not apply. What does this mean? It means that if you have a blemish, you can cover it and alter the color of it with concealer, tricking the eye to see something different than what is there. However, you will still be able to see a raised bump there upon closer inspection. If your skin is dry and flaky, the moment you put product on top, it will magnify the flakiness of your skin. If your skin is smooth, when you put product on top, it will help illuminate how smooth your skin is.

We could talk about all that in another post, but needless to say, it is really important to take care of your skin. If you're prepared to "slap on some makeup", as I like to say, then you also need to be prepared to properly remove all traces of such makeup prior to getting your beauty rest. Give your skin a break overnight. Don't suffocate your pores with layers of makeup when it could otherwise breathe and repair in the hours that you're sleeping.

I've been looking for different methods for cleansing my skin and products to use to remove my face makeup and I think I've stumbled upon a new favorite. I mentioned last week that I used part of my Sephora gift card to purchase the Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm by Clinique and I would get back to you with my opinions.



After a couple of weeks use I really like it! It looks like a beautiful tub of Crisco, has no smell, and totally gets the job done! You take a really small amount, about the size of a dime, rub it between dry hands and then massage it over your dry face.


It transforms on the skin, almost melting the makeup off. Instantly you can see the makeup become one with the balm, releasing itself from your skin. What I really love is that I can use it to take off my eye makeup and still open my eyes while using it without the fear of burning my eyeballs. Yikes! I do, however, prefer to use a separate eye makeup remover first to take off my eye makeup, leaving the balm to get off the last lingering remnants. I then soak a wash cloth in hot water, wring out the excess, and wipe all of the balm and makeup off of my face. Works like a dream! I was worried that it would clog my oily pores and leave my skin feeling greasy. I was wrong. My skin is left feeling clean, refreshed, and vibrant after use. For $28.50, I will happily enjoy the cleansing experience for months to come! It requires so little, I wonder how long it will last. . .

For more information on cleansing products and techniques, you should check out Sali Hughes's video below:


Another one of my favorite videos is the one with Sali Hughes and Caroline Hirons. Lovely women, immense product knowledge, and great personalities? I'm in!



What skincare products do you LOVE? Share with me on Twitter @buzzwithkee and Instagram @thebeautybuzzwithkee.







No comments:

Post a Comment