Monday, June 1, 2015

Favorites Videos and How Is It June???


I truly feel like May just started! I didn't know how close June was until I woke up yesterday morning and looked at my YouTube subscription feed. What did I see?

May Favorites. . . EVERYWHERE!

I think it's the fact that beauty products get creamier, brighter, and more brilliantly packaged that made me sit glued to my laptop watching one video after another. Here's the thing. . . I don't really enjoy favorites videos that much. Most of the YouTubers I watch post regularly throughout the week and I watch them regularly throughout the week! Therefore, I rarely miss any of the beauty products that people are using all the time in their videos.

This is how it goes:

5:30 am: Alarm goes off

Turn on Keurig.

Open laptop.

Make hazelnut coffee.

Sit down with blanket.

Open YouTube and hit play!

Every. Single. Morning. Monday-Friday.

My favorites include Lily Pebbles, ViviannaDoesMakeup, Jackie Aina, Claire Marshall, I Covet Thee, HelloOctoberxo, Essie Button, and Pixiwoo. There's more, but the list is about 50 long.


I guess I just find monthly favorites videos unnecessary. The only time I really enjoy them is if leighannsays is doing them (she's so good!), or I'm trying to feel out whether or not I want to subscribe to a new channel by seeing what products they are attracted to.

I don't know that I will ever film monthly favorites videos, but I'm not saying that I won't. But as we enter June I'm excited by something I saw in Ulta this weekend!


More than 24 hours later and I still have the stains from these gorgeous lip oil-balms from Bare Minerals on my hand. I was swooning over Punch Pop, Rose Passion and Plumberry Pop. They are exactly what they say they are. . .a beautiful hybrid of oil and balm. They wear comfortably on the lips and give that "your lips but better" look without the heavy shine of a lipgloss or the intense pigment of a lipstick. After walking around with Rose Passion in my hand I put it back and walked out with all of my money in my wallet.


. . .cut to several hours later while shopping in Philadelphia and I ran into Ulta to pick it up after all! Simply brilliant!

What are you excited to try this month? Tweet me @buzzwithkee!

No comments:

Post a Comment